The Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) advances the profession of club management by fulfilling the educational and related needs of its members. CMAA is the professional association for managers of membership clubs. With close to 7,000 members across all classifications, our manager members run more than 3,000 country, golf, city, athletic, faculty, yacht, town and military clubs. The objectives of the Association are to promote and advance friendly relations among persons connected with the management of clubs and other associations of similar character; to encourage the education and advancement of its members; and to assist club officers and members, through their managers, to secure the utmost in efficient and successful operations. The requirements for membership, as stated in the bylaws, are that all applicants be traditionally associated with membership clubs in a compensated management role.
CMAA's membership is dual and simultaneous with National and the Alabama Chapter (the chapter in whose boundaries your club falls); the application process begins with the local Chapter.
To apply for membership:
- Complete the Membership Application in its entirety
- Determine the correct National and Chapter dues amounts to be paid
The dues structure for the 2023 year is listed below (effective September 1, 2022)
This year both the Chapter and CMAA have waived their $100 administrative fees and CMAA has reduced member dues to $500 (from $875) for your first year of membership. The second year CMAA membership dues will be $650 and the third and subsequent years will be at the prevailing dues rate. This is a 47% savings over former CMAA new member dues rate fees.
- 1st Member from club $875.00
- 2nd Member from same club $875.00
- 3rd Member or more from same club $675.00
- Alumnus Members (½ full dues) $435.00
*Administrative Fee $100.00
- **Associate Members $975.00
- Faculty Members $105.00
- Retired (Active or Associate) $105.00
- Student members $50.00
**Associate membership is offered only to Professional members who have left the club management field, or those who are no longer eligible for Continuation status and are unemployed.
- Send the completed application and both dues checks
- One made out to CMAA and the other made out to Alabama Chapter CMAA to the Alabama Chapter for processing:
- The Chapter Board will approve and sign the application as needed and then forward it and your National dues check along to the National office for processing, thereby making the membership application process complete.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member to the Alabama Chapter!